With Apple Pay, you can use your American Bank debit or credit card to make purchases at participating merchants in the store and through participating apps on the go! It’s a safer and easier way to use your debit or credit card, try it today!
Before you begin, here is what you will need:
- iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus and later
- iPad Air 2 or iPad mini 3 and later
- iOS 8.1 or later
- Touch ID or passcode on your device
- An Apple ID signed in to iCloud
- Supported debit or credit card from American Bank and Trust Company, N.A.
Set up Apple Pay on your supported electronic device
- On your iPhone, open Wallet. On your iPad, go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Tap Add Credit or Debit Card.
- Use the camera to capture the information on your creditor debit card. Then fill in any additional information needed. Tap Next.
- Your information will be verified. (You may have to provide additional information during the verification process)
- After your card is verified, tap Next. Then you can start using Apple Pay.
Use Apple Pay at participating stores and apps
You can use Apple Pay with your iPhone in stores that accept contactless payments. Look for one of these symbols at checkout:
You can also pay with Apple Pay within participating apps that sell physical goods and services, like groceries, clothing, tickets, reservations, and more. On your iPhone or iPad, you can use Apple Pay to pay within apps when you see the Buy with Apple Pay button or Apple Pay as a payment method. Look for these buttons in apps:
Pay with Apple Pay in stores
To pay with Apple Pay using your American Bank and Trust debit or credit card, hold the top of your iPhone within an inch (or 2.5 cm) of the contactless reader with your finger held on Touch ID without pressing it.
If you need to choose between credit or debit card on the terminal, we recommend that you choose Credit to get the most consistent Apple Pay experience. Choosing Debit might not always work with some older merchant payment terminals and backend systems.
Pay with Apple Pay within apps
Pay with Apple Pay within an app using iPhone or iPad:
- Tap the Buy with Apple Pay button or Apple Pay button.
- Review your payment information and contact details. Enter other billing, shipping, and contact information if necessary. Apple Pay will store that information, so you won't need to enter it again.
- Place your finger on Touch ID to complete the payment.
When your payment information is sent successfully, you'll see Done and a checkmark on the screen.
Manage your cards on your iPhone or iPad
After you add credit, debit, or store cards to Wallet, you can change the default card, update your card information, or remove a card at any time. You can have up to eight different cards on any device.
Change your default card
The first card you add to Wallet is your default card. To change your default card, use the steps below.
On your iPhone:
- Open Wallet.
- Touch and hold your finger on the card that you want to make the default.
- Drag the card to the front of the cards in the Apple Pay section.
On your iPad:
- Go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Tap Default Card.
- Choose a new card.
Update your card information, addresses, and contact information
You can change the addresses, email, or phone number you use for paying within apps at any time. Go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay to update your information. To update the billing address for a card, go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay, tap a card, and then tap the billing address.
Remove a card
Go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay, tap the card that you want to remove, then tap Remove Card.