Student Loan Options
American Bank and Trust Company, N.A. works with Iowa Student Loan to offer two supplemental private student loan options to help you pay for college.*
- The Partnership Advance Education Loan (Partnership Loan) can help you pay for college while you're in school.
- The Reset Refinance Loan (Reset Loan) lets you refinance or combine existing student loans into one new loan after you finish college . This may help you if you have student loans with higher interest rates or are making payments to a number of different servicers.
The Partnership Loan:
- Provides terms and conditions upfront, so you know what you're getting before you apply
- Features variable and fixed interest rates
- Lets you begin making principal and interest payments, make interest-only payments or defer payments while you attend school
- Offers benefits such as an interest rate reduction and cosigner release
The Reset Loan features:
- Competitive fixed interest rates
- Three different repayment terms
- An interest rate reduction benefit
- Complete the FAFSA first. The first step in applying for financial aid, which includes federal student loans, is completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is a free form provided by the U.S. Department of Education that may be completed without professional assistance via paper application or online at www.fafsa.gov. In your award letter from your college, the financial aid office will inform you of your eligibility for federal student loans.
- Work with your college financial aid office. Contact the financial aid professionals at your college or university to explore and exhaust all sources of student financial aid before seeking a private student loan. Accepting a private loan before using other types of available aid may decrease your eligibility for federal, state and institutional aid.
Tools and Tips to Help Minimize Borrowing
Take advantage of Iowa Student Loan's smart borrowing resources.
- Student Loan Game Plan helps you learn how you can reduce the amount you may need to borrow for college.
- Return on College Investment lets you explore jobs and earnings for graduates of specific majors.
- College Funding Forecaster allows you to estimate college costs for four years based on your freshman financial aid award letter.
- Student Loan Coach, Iowa Student Loan's blog, provides tips on how to prepare, plan for and finance college.
About Iowa Student Loan
Iowa Student Loan was established in 1979 as a private, nonprofit corporation, and its mission is to help Iowa students and families obtain the resources necessary to succeed in post-secondary education.
*American Bank and Trust Company, N.A. works with Iowa Student Loan® to offer the Partnership & Reset Loan programs for students. American Bank and Trust Company, N.A. is compensated by Iowa Student Loan® for the referral of Partnership & Reset Loan customers.