It's an ATM Card and a Check all in one! Use our Visa® Debit Card at thousands of ATM locations or wherever Visa® Debit Cards are accepted worldwide as a form of payment.
Make purchases with available funds from your checking account without writing a check! Use our Visa® Debit Card to make routine purchases at the grocery store, gas station or the mall.
It's easy. It's convenient. And it's accepted everywhere Visa® Debit Cards are accepted.
It's Safe and Secure
Why risk carrying excess cash? Since our Visa® Debit Card is the same size as an ATM card or credit card, it's easy to carry. And, it's much safer than carrying cash.
If your Visa® Debit Card is lost, stolen or used fraudulently, you’re protected by the Visa® Zero Liability Provision.
Did you lose your debit card? Don’t worry, with the Card Controls feature on your Ambank mobile app you can disable your card with the swipe of a button until you find it. You can even freeze your card at all times unless you are getting ready to use it in order to prevent fraud. To use this feature download our Ambank mobile app from the Google Playstore or iTunes Store. Card Controls are compatible with both Apple and Android devices.
Card Controls aren't just useful to manage a lost Debit Card, you could utilize this helpful tool for:
- If you are trying to establish or stick to a budget, Card Controls can help. You can set spending limits by assigning alerts to specify thresholds by merchant types, such as gas, groceries, or retail stores.
- The flexible tool within the app lets you change these parameters anytime with ease via the Ambank mobile app.
- Going on vacation? Holiday Shopping? Simply update your transaction controls to fit your spending needs.
- Alerts keep you informed when your card is being used or declined.
- Turning your debit card off when you’re not using it helps safeguard against fraud. When your card is “off”, no withdrawals or purchases will be approved.
- Add another layer of protection by location based controls. You can restrict transactions to merchants located within a certain range of your location (using the phone’s GPS), or by city, state, country or zip code.
- Transactions requested by merchants outside of the specific region you set up can be declined.
**Customers that signed up for Alerts powered by Visa®, that service will be discontinued starting March 12. Please sign up for the Card Controls application using your mobile device. Card Controls offers more security features then Alerts powered by Visa®
Opt-In for Peace of Mind
When you have an overdraft as result of a debit card or ATM transaction, American Bank & Trust may cover the shortfall and approve the transaction, charging you an overdraft fee. As an existing American Bank & Trust checking customer, we need your permission to “opt in” before covering ATM and one-time debit transactions when the funds are not available.
At American Bank & Trust, we are giving you the option to choose to have these transactions considered for payment. Is “Opting In” the right choice for you? We want to ensure our customers make fully informed decisions about their American Bank & Trust accounts. If you have any questions, please contact your local branch office.
If you are an existing American Bank & Trust personal checking customer and would like to “Opt In” online, please complete our opt-in form here or visit your local branch office.
**We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
**If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.