Electronic Fund Transfers Disclosure
Disclosure Rules and Regulations
1. USING AMBANK ONLINE INTERNET BANKING & BILL PAYMENT
(a) General. You can use American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., Internet Banking & Bill Payment (also referred to as "AmBank Online" or "AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment") to perform the transactions described within this disclosure. Before you use AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment, you must read this Disclosure. You and others you permit to use AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment agree to abide by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to accept the terms and conditions, you may not use AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment. We may terminate this User Agreement if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this User Agreement or for any other reason. These terms and conditions are in addition to the Account agreements, disclosures and other documents in effect from time to time governing your Account.
American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., maintains this Site to provide you with information about its products and services and to facilitate communication with you. Product offers, rates, terms and other information provided on the Site are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to change, update, add or remove portions of these terms and conditions at any time. Please check this Site periodically for changes. Not all of the products or services described on the Site are available in all geographic areas. You may not be eligible for all the products or services described. We reserve the right to determine eligibility for any product or service.
The following is a description of the types of Electronic Fund Transfers we offer and support, some of which may not apply to your account. Please read this disclosure carefully. It tells you your rights and responsibilities for the transactions listed. You may print or download a copy of this agreement for your records.
BY USING THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO PAY ON DEMAND, OR HAVE CHARGED TO YOUR ACCOUNT, ANY/ALL SERVICE CHARGES, NON-SUFFICIENT FUNDS FEES, RESEARCH FEES, CORRESPONDENCE FEES, AND/OR ANY OTHER SERVICE FEES AS A RESULT OF USE OF THE INTERNET SERVICE AND/OR BILL PAYMENT, AS CONTAINED WITHIN THESE DISCLOSURE RULES, AND/OR THE SCHEDULE OF FEES. BY USING THE SITE, YOU AGREE THAT THESE FEES AND/OR SERVICE CHARGES ARE NON-WAIVABLE AND/OR OTHERWISE NON-REFUNDABLE BY THE BANK OR AGENT THEREOF.
(b) Computer Requirements. In this Disclosure, your computer, software and the related equipment are referred to collectively as your "Computer". In order to use AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment, you will need a computer with Internet access and a compatible Internet browser which supports 128-bit encryption. You may also need specific hardware or software in order to receive your monthly account statements online. Certain providers or texting browsers may not be supported by our service. You are responsible for any hardware and software necessary to access and use the Site as well as for the maintenance and operation of your Computer. Please refer to our consumer alert pages for more detailed information and how you can protect yourself against computer malware. Use of secure sites and Bill Payment require your computer to set a secure "session cookie". If you otherwise restrict use of session-cookies on your computer, you may not be able to utilize all services of the websites. The Bill Payment module utilizes enhanced features and tools which call for a separate window to open. Disallowing pop-up windows to occur while using the Bill Payment module may keep certain features from functioning properly. You may want to consider allowing Pop-Ups for the Bill Payment module.
(c) Business Days. In this Disclosure, a business day is defined as any day on which the offices of American Bank & Trust Company, N.A. are open to the public for carrying on substantially all of its business functions. Our business days are Monday through Friday, except certain Federal holidays.
(d) Access to Internet Banking. You can use your Computer to access AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except during any special, scheduled, unscheduled maintenance and/or downtime periods, ISP issues, acts of nature, or geo-political involvement otherwise restricting or prohibit our servers from processing or receiving your log-on request. Typical scheduled maintenance occurs between Midnight and 6:00 AM on Sundays. If you wish to use Internet Banking, you are required to electronically enroll using the secure enrollment form on our website located at http://www.ambankqc.com/, with your required information, to authorize use of the online service. After subsequent review and approval of your enrollment request by the Bank, you will be notified electronically that your User ID and Password have been accepted for system access. If you are denied access, you will not be granted a User ID and/or Password without contacting our Client Services Department at (877) 626-2265, ext. 6524 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Any and/or all debit or credit transactions performed after 10:00 PM Central Time are considered to be part of the next business day. Bill Payment requests submitted after 8:00 PM Central Time, are considered to be part of the next business day. American Bank & Trust Company, N.A. reserves the right to change these cut-off times. You will receive notice if they change.
(e) Linked Accounts. In order for you to enroll in and use AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment, if you select one of the following account types – ATM or Debit Card, Checking, Savings or Money Market Account, or a Loan Account – you will receive instant access online. If you have more than one account, you will get access to your other accounts as well. If you select your ATM or Debit Card to enroll, you will need to provide your card number and personal identification number (PIN). If you select your Checking, Savings or Money Market Account to enroll, you will need to provide your account number and last statement balance. If you select your Loan Account to enroll, you will need to provide your account number, last payment amount and original principal amount. If you select one of the following account types, you will receive additional information from us in the mail before you can access your account online: Line of Credit account, Certificate of Deposit (CD) account or Business/Commercial account. To enroll, you must have at least one (1) open and qualifying American Bank & Trust Company, N.A. account as well as provide the following information: your legal first and last name; your Tax Payer ID (Social Security Number), Employer Identification Number, or other Identification number as required by the Bank, on file with us; your e-mail address; your date of birth; your address, your zip code, your home telephone number and your mother's maiden name. You must be a signer on an account in order to access it through AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment. For account transfer privileges, we must review account ownership for both the source account and the target account prior to allowing you to transfer funds. We reserve the right to deny account linkage and account transactions under certain circumstances.
(f) User Profile, User ID, Password and Secure Sign-On. In order for you to enroll in and use AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment, you will create a User Profile, which consists of a User ID and a Password for access. Your User ID must be at least 8 up to a maximum of 32 alphanumeric characters. Your User ID must also contain at least 2 numbers and 2 letters. Your User ID is Case Sensitive. Spaces are allowed within a User ID, but cannot appear at the beginning or end of the User ID. The following symbols are not allowed: ¦, > , <. Carefully choose and input the User ID you select. The system allows only one opportunity to enter your self-selected preference. Your Password must contain at least 8 up to a maximum of 32 alphanumeric characters. Your Password must also contain at least 1 number and 1 letter. Passwords are Case Sensitive and cannot begin or end with a period or a space. For your protection, you will be required to change your Password once every 365 days. Once you have entered and confirmed your User ID and Password, click "Submit" to transmit the information. Your application may be accepted immediately or may need to go to the Bank for review and processing. You will be notified by the Bank immediately or within 1-3 business days of your Online account access acceptance. To assure the privacy of your account information, you may be required to complete the "Step Up" security information that verifies your identity through the use of qualifying questions, or a phone call or text that requires a secured code to recognize you or your computer. Upon completion of Secure Sign On, click "Submit".
(g) Account Owner's Responsibility. If your account is a joint account, and/or requires two or more signatures for any bank debits, you agree that your individual User ID and Password will be your collective authorization for any AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment access, transfers or authorization. If more than one of you uses AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment, you agree that any authorized account owner can access all of the funds held in the linked accounts for AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment purposes. You are responsible for ALL transfers and payments you authorize using AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment and/or Bill Payment. If you permit other persons to have knowledge of and use your User ID and Password to access AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment, you are personally responsible for any transactions they authorize to/from your linked accounts. You should never share your User ID and Password with anyone else. Each authorized individual should separately enroll and obtain a unique User ID and Password for accessing AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment Services.
(h) Automatic Transfers, Payments and Deposits. You may make electronic transfers to and from your Checking Account, Savings Account and your Money Market Account. You may make regular payments out of these accounts to pay amounts you owe us on certain loans, and/or to pay amounts you owe to a third party (such as an insurance company or public utility). We have the right to decide which third parties we will permit pre-authorized or automatic transfers to be made to. There may be withdrawal limitations on your type of account. Please refer to the "All about your deposit account" disclosure, or contact any branch location for assistance. If your checking account is linked to a loan account, you must use the Transfer option to make payments through this service. If you use AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment to make "principal only" or other "special" payments to a linked loan or equity account, please verify that the transaction is processed correctly after transmitted. If the transaction was not processed correctly, please contact our Client Services Department at (877) 626-2265, ext. 6524 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(i) Allowable Transactions. By logging onto our website, http://www.ambankqc.com/, and using your User ID, Password and Secure Sign On, you may access your account to:
• Transfer funds between checking, savings and money market account(s)
• Make payments from your checking, savings or money market account with us
• Make payments from checking to third parties (Bill Payment)
• Get information about account balances, deposits, and withdrawals to or from checking, savings, or money market accounts
• View images of paid checks
• Request an Online Account Statement
To establish your account statements online: If you wish to receive your account statement online, you'll need to review our Online Statement Disclosure (below) and activate this feature by enrolling in Online Statements. Select Statements on the side navigation panel to begin enrollment. Included among the E-Sign Act's provisions is a section addressing the use of electronic records for an institution, such as American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., that wishes to exclusively provide electronic disclosures to consumers in lieu of written disclosures. Specifically, Section 101 (c)(1) of Title I allows American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., to issue electronic records to a consumer to satisfy any statute or regulations that requires such information to be in writing, after first obtaining the consumer's affirmative consent.
Before you can grant your affirmative consent, American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., must provide you with the following information:
• You have the right or option to receive a disclosure in paper form upon your request. In order to receive a disclosure in paper form, please notify us of your request by contacting our Client Services Department at (877) 626-2265, ext. 6524 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
• The Bank receives greater efficiency upon your acknowledgement to deliver your required account disclosures or account statement to you electronically. If you desire to receive your required account disclosures or account statement in both paper and electronic form, the Bank reserves the right to charge you in accordance with its published Fee Schedule • Your consent applies only to your Checking, Savings, Money Market and Certificate of Deposit relationship(s) with us, unless arranged otherwise.
• You have the right to withdraw consent to have records provided electronically. There is no associated service fee assessed to withdraw consent. In order to withdraw consent, please contact our Client Services Department at (877) 626-2265, ext. 6524 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• After receiving your consent, if we are unable to deliver disclosures provided electronically to the e-mail address you have provided us with for delivery, we will attempt to arrange for alternative delivery by contacting you either by telephone or U.S. Mail using your most recent customer contact information on file. If you cannot provide us with an updated e-mail address for electronic delivery, we will ask for your permission to deliver your disclosures to the most recent U.S. postal address on file for your account. If, after establishing your account statements online, you no longer desire to receive your paper account statement, you must notify us of your intentions by contacting our Client Services Department at (877) 626-2265, ext. 6524 or via e-mail at email@example.com. If, after establishing your account statements online, you desire to re-establish receiving your paper account statement, you must also contact our Client Services Department so your request may be processed accordingly and in a timely manner.
• Hardware and Software Requirements for access to and retention of the electronic information: American Bank & Trust Company, N.A. allows a wide variety of operating systems (OS) and Internet Browsers. American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., suggests you use the latest commercially accepted browser versions offered by the vendor. Non-support of a browser / operating system (OS) is based on the life cycle prescribed by the browser / OS vendor. Exception to this rule is based on security issues deemed unacceptable by us. American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., may elect to continue testing vendor non-supported browser versions for critical issues based on measurable server traffic. Issues identified for vendor non-supported versions may be beyond the control of American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., to address. American Bank & Trust Company, N.A. also recommends that your personal computer have adequate memory, security and storage capacity for your archives, if desired. This information may be updated periodically when changes occur.
You will need Adobe® Acrobat Reader in order to view your electronic documents. If you do not currently have Adobe® Acrobat Reader, please click on the following link:
Please also see the Limitations on Frequency of Transfers section regarding limitations that apply to computer transfers.
These features of AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment are limited to the extent, and subject to the terms, noted below: (1) Transfer Funds. Your ability to transfer funds between certain accounts is limited. Transfers from Savings and Money Market Deposit Accounts made through AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment are counted against the permissible number of transfers. (2) Not all Transfers are Immediate. Online "Scheduled Transfers" if available, are not immediate, and process on the settlement business day you designate. Use of the "Scheduled Transfer" option may affect your funds availability, and/or may result in NSF fees to your account. For immediate transfer of funds, use the "Transfer" option or link. Transfers are effective within the current business day that it was initialized. (3) Account Information. The account information that you access via AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment will generally be current through the close of the most recent Business Day ended prior to your information inquiry. Balance information provided via AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment is defined as follows: Ledger Balance: today's beginning balance calculated after all previous day's credits and debits have been posted to the account; Current Balance: the Ledger Balance, +/- the current day's net transaction activity; Available Balance: The Ledger Balance minus any checks deposited but not yet made available for the use of the account holder, as well as other credits that have not yet been posted to the account. The Ledger Balance is first available for access at 6:00 AM Central Time. Loan Payment or Loan Payment transfers you make may have a one (1) business day delay in the reported display of credit activity and/or posting. (4) Account Documentation. You have the right to obtain documentation of each electronic transfer that you originate. American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., makes this information available to you online and with your monthly account statement. The documentation will include the amount involved in the transfer, the date of the transfer, the type of the transfer, the type of account used, your specific account number and, an identifying number of where the transaction took place.
(j) Confidentiality of User Communications. We will use reasonable efforts to keep any communication, which contains non-public personal user information, or material you transmit to us via our Web Site located at http://www.ambankqc.com/ or Ambank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment (electronic mail messaging option) confidential, except as required by law or as otherwise specifically agreed. Please also view the Bank's Privacy Statement for detailed information. We are committed to protecting the security and confidentiality of information about your accounts. We identify users by their unique User ID, Password and Secure Sign On. All transactions initiated with your User ID and Password will be attributed to you. You agree not to give or make available your User ID and Password to any other individuals, including household members, friends, relatives or anyone claiming to represent American Bank & Trust Company, N.A.
(k) Disclosure of Account Information to Third Parties. In order that your privacy may be protected, we will not disclose any information about you or your account to any person, organization, or agency except:
1. for certain routine disclosures necessary for the completion of a transfer; or
2. for verification of the existence and condition of your account for a credit bureau or merchant; or
3. to persons authorized by law in the course of their official duties; or
4. to our employees, auditors, service providers, attorneys or collection agents in the course of their duties; or
5. pursuant to a court order or lawful subpoena; or
6. to a consumer reporting agency as defined in Iowa law; or
7. by your written authorization which shall automatically expire 45 days after our receipt of your authorization. If an unauthorized disclosure has been made, we must inform you of the particulars of the disclosure within three (3) business days after we have discovered that an unauthorized disclosure has occurred.
(l) Access Termination. If you do not utilize your AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment access by use of your valid User ID, Password and Secure Sign On, at least once every 180 days, the Client Services department will subsequently initiate action to delete your User ID and Password as a security measure without prior notification to you, and your Authorization for AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment access will be deleted. If your access is deleted, this will remove all current information for Bill Payment from our system and we will be unable to recover or reproduce the information for you. If your AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment access is deleted, this will also remove all current information for Online Statements, People Pay, and all other related electronic services you may have from our system and we will be unable to recover or reproduce the information for you. If you wish to re-use AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment, you will be required to electronically re-enroll using the secure enrollment form on our website to re-establish the use of the online service. After subsequent review and approval of your enrollment request by the Bank, you will be notified electronically at the e-mail address you provide that your application has been approved. If you are denied access, you will be notified by e-mail delivered to the e-mail address that you have provided us with on your application.
(m) Fees. Your account will be governed by the agreements, disclosures, and other documents provided to you in connection with the opening of your account or subsequent notifications. You will be notified accordingly if our Fee Schedule changes in the future and includes access or transaction charges for AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment.
(n) Links to Other Sites. Any hyperlinks to external Internet sites are provided solely as a convenience to our users. We make an effort to determine that these links function properly. However, linked sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site, or any link contained in a linked site. Even if you access a site by means of a link provided by our site, you are responsible for confirming the identity and authenticity of any site you visit. The inclusion of a link does not imply or constitute an endorsement by us of that institution, company or entity, its ownership or management, the products or services it offers, or any advertisers or sponsors appearing on that institution's, company's or entity's web site.
(o) Ownership of Copyrights and Trademarks. Copyright in the pages, screens, text and images appearing in our Web Site, and their arrangement, is owned by the Bank or others as indicated, and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. The trademarks, logos and service marks ("Marks") displayed on our Web Site are the property of the Bank and other parties. Users are prohibited from using any Marks or copyrighted material for any purpose without the prior written permission of the Bank, and users are specifically prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, transmitting, displaying, creating derivative works or using any content available on or through our Web Site for commercial or public purposes.
(p) No Warranty. WE AND OUR LICENSOR PROVIDE AMBANK ONLINE INTERNET BANKING AND BILL PAYMENT "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NEITHER WE NOR OUR LICENSOR SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SERVICE. In addition, unless otherwise provided by statute, your sole remedy, financial or otherwise, for any damage or claim arising out of any defect with the use of AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment shall be limited to our reprocessing the affected data or transaction at no cost to you.
(q) Limitation of Liability. We will not be liable for failure to provide access or for interruptions in access to our Web Site due to a system failure, other unforeseen acts or circumstances or a malfunction of your computer equipment or any system you use, including your browser, Internet service provider or other software you use. Under no circumstances and under no legal theory, tort, contract, or otherwise, shall we or our supplier be liable to you or any other person for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any character, including, without limitation, damages for loss of goodwill, loss of use, data, profits, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all commercial damages or losses. We are also not responsible for any electronic virus, viruses, spyware or adware that you may encounter. We strongly suggest that you routinely scan your computer using a virus protection product and/or a spyware detection program.
2. ACH TRANSFERS & PAYMENTS
(a) General. AmBank Online Internet Banking allows you to initiate monetary transfers between us and other financial institutions. However, you may also use AmBank Bill Payment to initiate ACH payments between us and other financial institutions. Some electronic payment transactions will be subject to the rules of the National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA). All electronically initiated ACH payments are subject to Federal Banking Regulations concerning initiation and their setup, processing, transfer, and cancellation, if applicable.
(b) ACH Fees. Currently, there are no ACH transaction fees assessed by American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., in conjunction with your use of AmBank Internet Banking & Bill Payment
(c) External Transfers. You must be 18 years of age to enroll in and/or to use the External Transfer feature. You will need to follow the instructions that are provided during set up. You can complete a one time transfer or set up a recurring transfer. The per item limit will be $5,000.00, daily limit will be $10,000.00, and your monthly limit will be $25,000.00. You will be allowed to complete three transfers per day and 12 transfers per month. If you have account(s) that have withdrawal limitations, please review the "All About Your Deposit Account" disclosure to review those withdrawal limitations prior to initiating External Transfers.
We will not be required to complete a withdrawal or transfer from your account(s) if you do not have enough money in the designated account(s) to cover the transaction or you go over the transfer limitations above. You agree not to use Internet Banking to initiate a transaction that would cause the balance in your designated account(s) to go below zero. You will lose access to transfer capabilities should your Internet Banking profile be revoked or deleted by the Bank.
3. USING AMBANK ONLINE BILL PAYMENT
(a) General. Bill Payment is only available for use from a Checking Account, or Money Market Deposit Account in good standing. Each time you pay a bill using AmBank Bill Payment, you must designate the Account from which we are to make payments. You may make payments only from your Checking Account. Payments may not be available or may be restricted from, a Money Market Deposit Account. Bill Payments from a Money Market Deposit Account are counted against the permissible number of transfers. Permissible transfers are defined as 6 per month with no more than three to a third party. For additional information please refer to our Terms & Conditions/Truth in Savings disclosure you received when your Money Market account was established.
Your account will be governed by the agreements, disclosures, and other documents provided to you in connection with the opening of your account or subsequent notifications. You will be notified accordingly if our Fee Schedule changes in the future and includes access or transaction charges for AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment. There are no transaction fees for use of Bill Payment. See your Bill Payment section of your Disclosure for Fee or Service Charge information.
You may use AmBank's Online Internet Banking Bill Payment module, to direct American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., to make payments from your designated checking account to the Payees you choose in accordance with this agreement. "You" or "Your" means each person who is authorized to use the service. "Payee" means anyone you designate and American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., accepts as a payee.
Each Payee accepted by American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., and our Bill Payment service, will be assigned a payee code. You may pay almost any payee you wish. While most payees can be paid by using the Bill Payment module, we reserve the right to refuse to pay certain payees. We reserve the right to refuse to pay payments of a personal nature or to non-business entities or persons. We reserve the right to audit and/or delete all payments for restrictions contained herein, accuracy of addressing and or pertinent account number errors in data-fields.
Certain "life-impacting" Payees, such as municipal real estate tax, mortgage and/or (but not limited to) insurance companies typically may restrict or otherwise not allow 3rd party payment processing of payments, such as Bill Payment. You may want to contact your intended Payee for payment details or further information with regards to 3rd party internet based payment programs before you initiate ANY payment processing request. Using the Bill Payment module, you can only pay payees with United States addresses. American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., and/or our Bill Payment service will attempt to verify the address through national database registries. If an address cannot be confirmed or verified, it may not be entered into the Bill Payment database.
(b) Bill Payment Enrollment. Successfully log on to AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment and complete the Bill Payment enrollment form. Your enrollment application may be accepted immediately or may need to be reviewed for approval or denial. You will be notified immediately or within 1-3 business days. All new American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., checking accounts have a restriction from the account open date consistent with our Terms & Conditions/Truth in Savings Disclosure & Funds Availability Schedule before you may use and/or utilize Bill Payment. You must be 18 years of age to enroll in and/or use Bill Payment or we reserve the right to close the Online Banking and Bill Payment profile.
You must have a valid e-mail address to use the service. You will be notified via e-mail if you are approved, or declined, authorization for use of this service. If we are notified that your listed e-mail address is invalid, blocked, closed, cancelled, or otherwise not valid, we will immediately cancel your authorization for use of the Bill Payment service.
Only after you have received notification of Approval and authorization, can you start using the Bill Payment service.
Direct Check items will have your deposit account number placed at the bottom of the check by our processor. Direct Checks can start with a default starting check number of 50000 or a starting check number that you select during the set up process. Direct checks will clear in a similar manner as you writing checks drawn off your checking account. Direct Check payments will be debited when the items are processed through your account just like a normal check. You are typically debited the day after the “Send on” date for electronic transactions however, should the electronic payment post prior to the “Send on” date or post much later then the day after the “Send on” date you are responsible to make sure the funds are in the account for the payment to process. If your Bill Payment check or electronic items attempt to clear your account and you should not have sufficient funds to cover those items, you are responsible for any and all Overdraft fees or any other fees associated with an overdraft account. We also reserve the right to close your account at anytime due to repeat overdrafts with Bill Payment without prior notice.
(c) Client's Responsibility. You agree that your User ID and Password is your signature authorization for any payments and/or transfers. If your account requires two or more signatures for any bank debits, you agree that the use of your User ID and Password is your representation to us that you have obtained full consent from such other required signatories, and such use is to be recognized by American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., as your collective authorization for any Bill Payments and/or transfers. You agree we may rely on such representation until such time we receive and have a reasonable amount of time to act upon any written notice to the contrary.
You are responsible for ALL internal and external transfers and payments you authorize using AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment. If you permit other persons to use your User ID and Password to access AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment, you are responsible for any transactions they authorize to/from your linked accounts.
When you have entered your User ID and Password and transmitted a payment instruction, you authorize us to reduce the designated payment account accordingly.
We reserve the right to refuse to honor ANY payment requests that reasonably appear to us to be fraudulent or erroneous. (d) Bill Payment Setup. If you want to add a new payee, use the "PAYEE" button within the Bill Payment module. New Payees may take up to three (3) business days to be activated for your use, not including the day it was submitted. You may add a new fixed payment to a Payee, only if the Payee is on your authorized list of payees, and by accessing the Service and entering the appropriate information. The minimum Bill Payment amount is $1.00; your individual Bill Payment Transaction Limit will be $9,999.99; your daily Bill Payment Transaction Limit will be $20,000.00.
• Each time you setup or update your payment instructions, you are authorizing us to process your payment request based on the information originally submitted for that payee. American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., is not responsible if a Bill Payment cannot be made due to incomplete, incorrect, or outdated information provided by you regarding a Payee or if you attempt to pay a Payee that is not on your Authorized Payee list.
• You are responsible for providing and maintaining your Bill Payment payees with the correct names or account details for those persons or entities to whomever you wish to direct Bill Payment. Bill Payment initiation may include, but are not inclusive of, or limited to, the Payee name, Payee address, Payee account number, and Account Owner name and address as originally listed by the Account Owner during Payee setup. Some Bill Payments and/or Payees you may elect to pay may only involve a Payee e-mail address.
• Contact our Client Services Department at (877) 626-2265, ext. 6524 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for further Bill Payment information, help, and assistance.
(e) Bill Payment Maintenance. Based upon the Account Owner access information at the initial Payee setup, all subsequent Bill Payments to the designated Payee will have that Account Owner name listed as Payor. It is the Account Owner(s) responsibility to insure that all Payor and Payee information is accurate. If for any reason your Account Owner information changes, we strongly suggest that you cancel ALL Bill Payments related to that Account Owner information. This will ensure that future Bill Payments and transfers made by you will not be duplicated or contain non-valid Account Owner details or information.
• Users are encouraged to record financial transactions as they would normally; in a checkbook register, Excel format, or 3rd party home accounting software. As You view information in real-time exactly as the Bank processes transaction data and monthly paper statements are mailed to You automatically, neither AmBank Online Internet Banking nor Bill Payment are intended as a repository or archive of long-term Payee information, nor as a substitute for home accounting and historical retention programs such as Quicken™ or MSMoney™, spreadsheet, or text-based copy formats you have the option to use or employ for historical data retention.
(f) Restricted Payees. Certain "life-impacting" Payees, such municipal real estate tax, mortgage and/or (but not limited to) insurance companies typically may restrict or otherwise not allow 3rd party payment processing of payments, such as Bill Payment. You may want to contact your intended Payee for payment details or further information with regards to 3rd party internet based payment programs before you initiate ANY payment processing request.
There are several RESTRICTIONS to Payees you may wish to setup:
1. The merchant must have an address located in the United States;
2. Payments may not be remitted to Federal or any State tax authorities or government and collection agencies and/or departments;
3. Payments may not be remitted to investment companies such as TDAmeritrade, E*Trade, and/or others, for stock purchases, arbitrage settlement, or trade taxing authorities;
4. Court directed payments are unauthorized (Alimony, child support, municipal fines or violations, levies, or other legal debts); and
5. American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., strictly prohibits use of our Bill Payment system for any payroll processing and/or payroll transfers to accounts linked with your portfolio.
(g) Removal of Payees. We will automatically cancel and or otherwise delete all outstanding Payee's (individual and/or recurring) and/or Bill Payments once we have been notified that your AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment access has become inactive or has been canceled, revoked, or terminated, or your designated Payment Account has been closed.
(h) Payment Delivery. Not all Payees are equipped to accept electronic payments. Your payee may not be accustomed to receiving payments without the payment coupon. You may want to consider alerting your payees that future payments will be coming via a Bill Payment service. A third party vendor will be conducting Bill Payment transactions for American Bank & Trust Company, N.A.
(i) Scheduling Payments. It is your responsibility to authorize your payments in such a manner that your payments may be paid on time. You are responsible for any late payment or finance charges that may be imposed as a result of your failure to schedule payments as described in this section. You cannot schedule Bill Payments for the same day. If you do not receive vendor credit for a payment issued through Internet Bill Payment that does NOT mean the Payee has NOT received the payment.
There are three payment methods to choose from:
1. Single Payments. A single payment will be processed on the business day that you designate as the payment's "send on date", provided the payment is submitted prior to the 8:00 PM Central Time daily Bill Payment cut-off time on that date. American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., reserves the right to change the cut-off time. You will receive notice if it changes. A single payment submitted after the cut-off time on the designated process date will be processed on the following business day. If you designate a non-business date (weekends and certain Federal holidays) as the payment's process date, the payment will be processed on the first business day following the designated process date.
2. Recurring Payments. When a recurring payment is processed, it is automatically rescheduled by the system. Based upon your selected frequency settings for the payment, a process date is calculated for the next occurrence of the payment. If the calculated process date is a non-business date (weekends and certain Federal holidays), it is adjusted based upon the following rules: If the recurring payment's "Pay Backward" option is selected, the process date for the new occurrence of the payment is adjusted to the first business date prior to the calculated process date. If the recurring payment's "Pay Backward" option is not selected (or if the "Pay Backward" option is not available), the process date for the new occurrence of the payment is adjusted to the first business date after the calculated process date.
NOTE: If your frequency settings for the recurring payment specify the 29th, 30th, or 31st as a particular day of the month for processing and that day does not exist in the month of the calculated process date, then the last calendar day of that month is used as the calculated process date.
3. Expedited Payments. You can select to make an Expedited Payment to send your payment via overnight for a check or same day for an electronic payment as long as the payment is set up prior to the 8:00 PM CST cut-off time. If it is a non-business date (weekends and certain Federal holidays) the payment will NOT be sent as an Expedited Payment. You can only process Expedited Payment on business processing days (Monday-Friday). The Bill Payment system can only determine how the payment will be sent either by check or electronic method. If you choose to use the Expedited Payment feature, and the payee that you want to send an Expedited Payment to does not show within the eligible payees, you may not send an Expedited Payment for that payee. You can still schedule a normal single payment or recurring payment for that payee. It is your responsibility to authorize your payments in such a manner that your payments may be paid on time. You are responsible for ANY late payment fees or finance charges that may be imposed by the payee as a result of your failure to schedule your payments timely. Once you have completed the set up of an Expedited Payment and click on "Make Payment" on the Preview Payment screen, you no longer can can edit or cancel the expedited payment. Your individual Expedited Bill Payment Transaction Limit will be $2,500.00. The fees to send an Expedited Bill Payment are $20.00 for an overnight check or $20.00 for an electronic payment. You are responsible for this fee regardless of if your payee does not credit your payment timely or they do not receive the payment and you receive a late payment fee from the payee.
AMERICAN BANK & TRUST COMPANY, N.A., IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SCHEDULING YOUR PAYEE BILL PAYMENTS OR MAINTAINING CHANGES TO ANY PAYEE DETAILS THAT MAY OCCUR.
(j) Canceling, Editing or, Changing Payments. Any Bill Payment can be changed or canceled, provided you access the Bill Payment module prior to the 8:00 PM Central Time cut-off time on the business day prior to the business day the Bill Payment is going to be initiated.
If you have setup a payment request through our Bill Payment module, it is your responsibility to cancel or change that payment. American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., cannot change, or edit any aspect of a payment for you when you have setup the payment electronically.
If your request to cancel is not registered or received before 8:00 PM Central Time on the Business Day before the payment is to be made, you may be responsible for the payment. However, if your request to cancel a payment is registered on our computer by 8:00 PM Central Time on the Business Day before the payment is scheduled and we do not cancel, we will be liable for any actual losses or damages.
(k) Funding Bill Payments. The Bill Payment module will make ONLY one (1) attempt at processing your electronic payment request (on-demand, single, or recurring, as set by you) on the evening of the business date YOU SET for processing. If your account does NOT contain sufficient, available or collected funds for the electronic payment at this processing attempt, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE ASSESSED AND CHARGED THE APPROPRIATE NON-WAIVABLE, NON-REFUNDABLE, UNCOLLECTED FUNDS OR NON-SUFFICIENT FUNDS PROCESSING FEE ALONG WITH ANY OTHER ASSOCIATED OVERDRAFT FEES, and payment will effectively be cancelled. No further attempts will be made for electronic payment processing to the Payee unless you access your Bill Payment account, and initiate a new payment request for the subsequent business day that you elect. If your account does NOT contain sufficient, available or collected funds for the Direct Check payment at the time of the check clearing processing attempt, the payment may be returned or paid. YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE ASSESSED AND CHARGED THE APPROPRIATE NON-WAIVABLE, NON-REFUNDABLE, UNCOLLECTED FUNDS OR NON-SUFFICIENT FUNDS PROCESSING FEE ALONG WITH ANY OTHER ASSOCIATED OVERDRAFT FEES. See your current American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., Fee Schedule for the current non-sufficient funds processing fee. American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., reserves the right, without liability, to automatically draw against any "overdraft" account, with an available line-of-credit, if you have that service in place.
(l) Payments against Uncollected Funds. You agree to have available and collected funds on deposit in the account you designate in amounts sufficient to pay for all Bill Payments requested, as well as, any other payment obligations you have to American Bank & Trust Company, N.A. If Bill Payments process against any uncollected deposit or uncollected balance in your account, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE ASSESSED AND CHARGED THE APPROPRIATE NON-WAIVABLE, NON-REFUNDABLE, UNCOLLECTED FUNDS OR NON-SUFFICIENT FUNDS PROCESSING FEE. See your current American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., Fee Schedule for the current non-sufficient funds processing fee. American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., reserves the right, without liability, to reject or reverse a Bill Payment if you fail to comply with this requirement or any other terms of this agreement.
If you do not have sufficient funds in your designated account and American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., has not exercised its right to reverse or reject a Bill Payment, you agree to pay for such payment obligations on demand. You further agree that American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., at its option, may charge any of your accounts with American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., to cover such payment obligations.
(m) Non receipt of payment. If you are notified by a Bill Payment Payee of non-receipt of a Bill Payment you initiated, and ten (10) calendar days have elapsed since the Bill Payment was debited from your American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., account, please contact our Client Services Department toll-free at (877) 626-2265, ext. 6524 or via e-mail at email@example.com for further research into that particular payment.
Once our research is completed, and if ten (10) calendar days have elapsed since the Bill Payment was debited from your American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., account, and we have determined the Bill Payment has not been properly credited, we will take one of the following actions dependent upon the payment delivery method:
1. If the Bill Payment had been tendered by paper check; you can place a stop payment on the item, but you will be charged the current stop payment fee per our fee disclosure. You can then reissue another Bill Payment check item if you would like or pay the payee in any different payment method you choose. 2. If the Bill Payment had been tendered electronically; we will only provide Proof Of Payment details directly to either you or your Payee.
(n) Stop Payments. YOU MAY NOT STOP PAYMENT ON ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFERS AND/OR ELECTRONICALLY CONVEYED BILL PAYMENTS. Therefore, you should not employ electronic access for purchases or services unless you are satisfied that you will not need to stop payment. The initiation by you of certain electronic fund transfers (including telephone transfers, Bill Payments, and ACH transfers) from your Account will, except as otherwise provided in this Disclosure, effectively eliminate your ability to stop payment of the transfer.
You may request a stop payment on a Bill Payment item that was conveyed by paper presentment. You must contact us at (877) 626-2265 ext. 6524 to issue a stop payment on a Bill Payment Item. STANDARD NON-WAIVABLE, NON-REFUNDABLE STOP PAYMENT FEES PER THE CURRENT AMERICAN BANK & TRUST COMPANY, N.A., FEE SCHEDULE WILL BE DEBITED AND/OR CHARGED FROM YOUR ACCOUNT. Please note by placing a stop payment on a Bill Payment item, which was conveyed by paper presentment, you may be liable for additional fees charged by your Payee.
(o) Inactivity Period. In order to retain access to Bill Payment and your payee listing, you must be an active user and utilize the Bill Payment service in order to retain access to your Payees. An active user is defined as an approved and authorized user who accesses the Bill Payment service to initiate and make at least one (1) Bill Payment every 180 days.
If you do not access and utilize the Bill Payment service by use of your valid User ID and Password, at least once every 180 days to initiate and make at least one (1) Bill Payment, your approved and authorized use of the Bill Payment service will be immediately termed inactive, your User ID and Password will be deleted as a security measure, any/all Payees will be immediately cancelled and removed or otherwise deleted, and your approval and authorization immediately canceled and/or otherwise revoked. If you become inactive (by your choice or your inability to access the service for any reason) and are removed or otherwise deleted from the Bill Payment service, and you wish to re-apply at a later date, you will have to go through the application process and re-add any deleted payees.
(p) Bill Payment Fees. The fee for the Bill Payment service is currently waived by American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., if you are an active user utilizing this service to initiate and successfully pay at least one (1) legitimate Payee every 180 days. A legitimate Payee is defined as any US Corporation, company, utility, or business entity with a verifiable "Tax Identification Number" or "Employer Identification Number" with an address in the United States. A private individual is NOT considered a legitimate Payee for definition of the one (1) Payment minimum every 180 days minimum requirement for waiver of bill payment service fee. (q) Additional Charges. These additional charges will only be assessed to your account if you request one or more of the Bill Payment services listed here. There will be NO FEE or Service Charge for any item if needed to correct a bank error. 1. Written Correspondence Requested by Consumer not necessitated by dispute: US$10.00 per hour; US$1.00 per copy.
2. Per Proof of Payment not necessitated by dispute: US$10.00 per hour; US$1.00 per copy.
3. Payments returned due to customer error: US$10.00 each item.
There is NO FEE for correspondence if a payment is in dispute with your written dispute acknowledgement of the dispute to American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., and/or our Bill Payment service.
American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., reserves the right to charge you for research time involving payments no longer available in your screen history. You will be informed of any such charges before they are incurred. See the current American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., Fee Schedule for this research and/or duplication service fee and/or charge(s).
(r) Liability. You are liable for all transactions you make or that you authorize another person to make even if that person exceeds his or her authority. If you want to terminate another person's authority, you must change your User ID and Password. You will be responsible for any Bill Payment request you make or that you authorize another person to make that contains an error or is a duplicate of another Bill Payment.American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., is not responsible for a Bill Payment that is not made if you did not properly follow the instructions for making a Bill Payment.
American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., is not liable for any failure to make a Bill Payment if you fail to promptly notify the Client Services Department at American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., after you learn that you have not received credit from a Payee for a Bill Payment.
American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., is not responsible for your acts or omissions or those of any other person, including, without limitation, any transmission or communications facility, and no such party shall be deemed to be the American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., agent.
In any event, American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., will not be liable for any special, consequential, incidental, or punitive losses, damages, or expenses in connection with this Agreement or the Service, even if American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., has knowledge of the possibility of them.
American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., is not liable for any act, failure to act or delay in acting if it is caused, in whole or in part, by any cause beyond American Bank & Trust Company, N.A.'s, reasonable control.
If you have any questions on use of the Bill Payment service, contact our Client Services Department at (877) 626-2265, ext. 6524 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
(s) Amendment and Termination. American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., has the right to change this Agreement at any time by notice mailed to you at the last address shown for your account on our records, by posting notice in our branch offices, or as otherwise permitted by law.
American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., has the right to terminate this Agreement at any time. You may terminate this Agreement by written notice to: American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., Attn: Client Services Department, 4301 East 53rd Street, Davenport, IA 52807-3861. American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., is not responsible for any fixed payment made before American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., has a reasonable opportunity to act on your termination notice. You remain obligated for any payments made by American Bank & Trust Company, N.A., on your behalf.
4. OUR LIABILITY IF WE FAIL TO MAKE CERTAIN TRANSFERS.
If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to the Agreement, which applies to that transfer, we will be liable for any actual losses or actual damages. However, there are some exceptions to our liability to you. We will not be liable, for instance:
a. If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account(s) to make the transfer;
b. If the transfer could go over the credit limit on your personal overdraft account with us;
c. If you do not authorize a Bill Payment soon enough for your payment to be made and properly credited by the payee by the time it is due;
d. If we make a timely Bill Payment but the payee nevertheless does not credit your payment promptly after receipt;
e. If AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment is not working properly, and you should have known about the breakdown when you started the transfer, or when the transfer should have occurred.
f. If your computer or the Internet connection provided by your Internet Service Provider malfunctions during the transfer;
g. If circumstances beyond our control prevent making a transfer or payment, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken. Such circumstances include telecommunication outages or interruptions, postal strikes, delays caused by payees, fires, floods and other acts of God;
h. If the money in your account(s) is subject to legal process or other encumbrance restricting the transfer;
i. If you do not give proper, complete or correct instructions for the transfer, or you do not follow the procedures in this or any other agreement with us for requesting a transfer;
j. If the U.S. Postal Service causes a delay;
k. Your User ID or Password has been reported lost or stolen, or we have canceled your User ID or Password for AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment or other electronic banking service; or
l. If we have reason to believe that you or someone else is using the AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment or other electronic banking service for fraudulent or illegal purposes.
m. If you scheduled a transfer on any given day from an account which has other incoming debit items requiring the use of the same available funds from your account(s).
There may be other exceptions stated in our Agreement with you.
5. ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFERS.
Please refer to our Electronic Fund Transfers disclosure for more detailed information and rules governing Electronic Fund Transfers which apply to AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment and ACH transactions.
6. ENDING THE ELECTRONIC BANKING AGREEMENT.
You may end your rights to use AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment by telling us in writing. We may end your rights to use your AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment or other electronic banking service for financial, security or transaction risk reason(s) without advance notice to you.
If more than one person is authorized to withdraw funds from your account, or if another person has a Password for AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment that can access your account, we cannot stop that person from withdrawing or transferring funds, or initiating Bill Payments, from your account unless we end this Agreement or end the right to use all AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment and Passwords that access the account.
If the account is a joint account, any owner of the account may ask us to end this Agreement, or end the right to use all AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment and Passwords that access the account. We are not responsible for notifying remaining account holders of the termination.
If you close your AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment rights, you authorize us to continue making transfers and Bill Payments you have previously authorized until such time as we have had a reasonable opportunity to act upon your closing notice. Once we have acted upon your closing notice, we will make no further transfers or payments from your account, including transfers or payments you have previously authorized. However, you must cancel any automatic recurring payments that you setup by AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment using the same service prior to closing your account; otherwise we may continue to make such payments.
If we close your AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment rights, we reserve the right to make no further transfers or payments from your account, including any transactions you have previously authorized.
If we revoke or terminate your AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment rights and/or ACH authorization, we reserve the right to make no further payments or transfer from/to your account, including any transactions you have previously authorized.
If either you or we end your rights to use AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment, we will no longer have to complete any of your AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment or other electronic banking transactions. You will remain obligated to us under this Agreement and Disclosure for all of your AmBank Online Internet Banking & Bill Payment or other electronic banking transactions, even if they occur or are completed after this Agreement is ended.
Revised: January 2017
ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFERS – YOUR RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following is a description of the types of Electronic Fund Transfers we are capable of handling, some of which may not apply to your account. Please read this disclosure carefully. It tells you your rights and responsibilities for the transactions listed. You should keep this notice for future reference.
ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFERS INITIATED BY THIRD PARTIES
You may authorize a third party to make electronic fund transfers between your account and the third party's account. These transfers may be one-time occurrences or recur, as directed by you. These transfers may use the Automated Clearing House (ACH) or other payment networks. These transfers, as authorized by you, can occur in a number of ways, including when the merchant posts a sign informing you of their policy. The transaction will require you to provide the third party with your account number and bank information, which can be found on your check, deposit or withdrawal slip. Therefore, you should only provide this information (whether via the phone, Internet or some other method) to trusted third parties whom you have authorized to perform these electronic funds transfers.
You may arrange for direct deposits to be accepted into your checking or savings account(s).
You may arrange to pay recurring bills from your checking or savings account(s).
ELECTRONIC CHECK CONVERSIONS:
You may provide your check to a merchant or service provider who will scan the check for the encoded bank and account information. The merchant or service provider will then use this information to convert the transaction into an electronic funds transfer. This may occur at the point of purchase, or when you provide your check by other means such as by mail or drop box.
ELECTRONIC RETURNED CHECK CHARGE:
Some merchants or service providers will initiate an electronic funds transfer to collect a charge in the event a check is returned for insufficient funds. Please also see Limitations on Frequency of Transfers section regarding limitations that apply to savings accounts.
Types of Bank by Phone Telephone Transfers:
You may access your account by calling AmBank By Phone at (877) 392-5132 - 24 hours a day with your personal identification number, a touch-tone phone, and your account number(s) to:
• Transfer funds between checking, savings and money market account(s)
• Make payments to an American Bank & Trust loan from your checking, savings or money market account with us
• Get information about account balances, deposits, and withdrawals to or from checking, savings, or money market accounts
• Receive a fax copy of your monthly account statement
Please see Limitations on Frequency of Transfers section regarding limitations that apply to telephone transfers.
TYPES OF INTERNET BANKING COMPUTER TRANSFERS AND CHARGES
By logging onto our website, http://www.ambankqc.com/, and using your User ID & Password you may access your account to:
• Internal and External Transfer funds between checking, savings, money market account(s), and loans
• Make payments from your checking, savings or money market account with us
• Make payments from checking to third parties (Bill Payment)
Refer to our fee schedule for applicable charges
• Get information about account balances, deposits, and withdrawals to or from checking, savings, or money market accounts
• Request an Online Account Statement
Please also see Limitations on Frequency of Transfers section regarding limitations that apply to computer transfers.
ELECTRONIC CHECK CONVERSION:
You may authorize a merchant or other Payee to make a one time electronic payment from your checking account using information from your check to:
• Pay for purchases
• Pay bills
NOTICE ABOUT ELECTRONIC CHECK CONVERSION:
When you provide a check as payment, you authorize us to use information from your check to make a one time electronic fund transfer from your account. In certain circumstances, such as for technical or processing reasons, we may process your payment as a check transaction.
ERROR RESOLUTION NOTICE
In Case of Errors or Questions About Your Electronic Transfers, Call or Write us at the telephone number or address listed below, as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
1) Tell us your name and account number (if any).
2) Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
3) Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days. We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days (5 business days for VISA® Debit Card point-of-sale transactions processed by VISA and 20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days (90 days if the transfer involved a new account, a point-of-sale transaction, or a foreign- initiated transfer) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days (5 business days for VISA® Debit Card point-of-sale transactions processed by VISA and 20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account. Your account is considered a new account for the first 30 days after the first deposit is made, unless each of you already has an established account with us before this account is opened.
We will tell you the results within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation. Please see below for contact information.
LIMITATIONS ON FREQUENCY OF TRANSFERS:
In addition to those limitations on transfers that may be described elsewhere, the following limitations may apply:
• For security reasons, there may be other limits on the type, frequency, timing, and amount of Electronic Fund Transfers established by us, without notice.
• Certain limits may exist on the amount that may be withdrawn from different ATM or Point-Of-Sale terminals each day.
• All transactions are limited to the amount of funds in your account (and your Overdraft Line of Credit, if any).
• During an interruption of an Electronic Fund Transfers service, the dollar amount or frequency of transactions may be reduced.
We do not charge for preauthorized credits or preauthorized payments, to or from your account. Except as indicated elsewhere, we do not charge for these electronic transfers.
• Preauthorized credits: If you have arranged to have direct deposits made to your account at least once every 60 days from the same person or company, you can call us at (877) 626-2265 ext. 6524, use Telephone Banking at (877) 392-5132 or Internet Banking at http://www.ambankqc.com/ to find out whether or not the deposit has been made.
• Periodic statements: You will get a monthly account statement from us for your checking or money market account. You will get a monthly account statement from us for your savings account if there are transfers in a particular month. Otherwise, you will receive a quarterly statement for your savings account.
• Right to stop payment and procedure for doing so: If you have told us in advance to make regular payments out of your account, you can stop any of these payments. To do so, call or write us at the telephone number or address listed in this brochure in time for us to receive your request three (3) business days or more before the payment is scheduled. If you call, we may also require you to put your request in writing and deliver it to us within 14 days. Please refer to our separate fee schedule for the charge for each stop-payment order you request.
• Notice of varying amounts: If these regular payments vary in amount, the person you are going to pay will tell you, 10 days before each payment, when it will be made and how much it will be. (You may choose instead to get this notice only when the payment would differ by more than a certain amount from the previous payment, or when the amount would fall outside certain limits that you set).
• Liability for failure to stop payment of preauthorized transfer: If you order us to stop one of these payments three (3) business days or more before the transfer is scheduled, and we do not do so, we will be liable for your losses or damages.
FINANCIAL INSTITUTION'S LIABILITY:
Liability for failure to make transfers: If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable for the following:
1. If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make a transfer
2. If you have an Overdraft Line of Credit and a transfer would cause you to go over the credit limit
3. If the automated teller machine where you are making a transfer does not have enough cash
4. If the terminal or system was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started a transfer
5. If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken
6. There may be other exceptions stated in our agreement with you
We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers that you make:
1. Where it is necessary for completing transfers
2. To verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant
3. In order to comply with a government agency or court order
4. As explained in the Privacy Disclosure delivered annually or upon your request
AMERICAN BANK AND TRUST COMPANY, N.A.
Client Services Department
4301 East 53RD Street
DAVENPORT, IOWA 52807-3861
(563) 441-6524 or (877) 626-2265 ext. 6524
Monday through Friday, 8AM – 5PM (Central Time) Excluding Federal Holidays