Frequently Asked Questions for Consumers:
- When will the system conversion take place and where do I call for help?
- Will I have to set up a new username or password?
- Will I still have access to the existing mobile banking app?
- When will I have access to the new Bill Payment system?
- Will my current debit card still work?
- Will the recurring transactions set up with my old debit card still work?
- Will there be any change to my debit card information stored in my mobile wallet?
- Will I be receiving a replacement ATM card as well?
- My paycheck or Social Security check is direct deposited, what do I need to do?
- Will I have to replace my existing checks?
- Will all bank locations have regular hours during the conversion?
- How do I get help if I have questions after hours?
- How will fees and interest be assessed on my account during the conversion?
- Will I continue to receive my checking account statement on the same day of each month?
- When will mobile check deposit become disabled in the current system?
- Will my P2P (People Pay) information transfer over to the new system?
- Will any external information transfer over to the new system?
A: The system conversion will take place beginning Friday, June 14th, at 5:00 p.m. We anticipate all normal activity will resume Monday, June 17th.
NOTE: Mobile and online banking will be disabled as of 5:00 p.m. central time on Friday, June 14th and accessible again on Monday, June 17th at 8:00 a.m.
We will be offering extended hours beginning on Monday, June 17th. Phone calls made to (877) 392-5132 will be answered between the hours of 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. central time for a two-week period, including weekends but excluding the 4th of July holiday.
Q: Will I have to set up a new username or password?
A: There will be no change to your user id or password for either online or mobile banking the first time you access the systems, however, you will have to go through an authentication process the first time you log in to the new modules, which will include setting a new password and setting new security answers.
A: You will need to download a new mobile app. The new mobile application will be available starting on June 17, 2019 and will be accessible via the app store installed on your mobile device.
*American Bank & Trust does not charge for Mobile Banking, but your mobile service may charge for text messaging and/or web access. Be sure to check your service provider for data rates.
A: The Bill Payment system cannot be utilized until the evening of June 17th, 2019. All of your bill payees should flow over once the new system is up and running.
A: As of June 17, 2019, we are aware that some of our customers have not received their new debit cards. We have been told by our card provider that all cards should be delivered by the end of business on June 17th. We apologize for this inconvenience.
NOTE: The new debit cards are to be activated on or after June 17, 2019. The new debit cards will include the phone number to call to activate the card.
*Effective June 17, 2019, Kane County cardholders will no longer be refunded ATM surcharges at foreign ATMs. Please stay tuned for an announcement regarding surcharge free ATMs later this year.
A: Any recurring payments that are set up on current debit cards will have to be re-established to include the newly issued debit card information.
A: If your old debit card information is stored in mobile wallet, it will have to be updated to include the new debit card. This update can be completed once the new debit card is activated, which can be done or after June 17th.
A: No. Existing ATM cards will continue to function as normal.
A: Existing direct deposits will not be affected by the conversion as no changes are being made to the actual account number.
A: Existing check stock can continue to be used as no changes are being made to the actual account number.
A: All bank locations will be closed on Saturday, June 15th and Sunday, June 16th. We will reopen at normal business hours on Monday, June 17th.
A: We will be offering extended hours beginning on Monday, June 17th. Phone calls made to (877) 392-5132 will be answered between the hours of 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. central time for a two-week period, including weekends but excluding the 4th of July holiday.
A: All interest bearing accounts will be paid interest through June 14, 2019. Also, no charges will be assessed to deposit accounts until June 30, 2019.
A: No. All customers will receive a statement on 6/14/2019, the Bank’s last day on our current core system. Post conversion, deposit account statements will be generated on the last day of each month.
A: As of 3:00 p.m. central time on Friday, June 14th, mobile check deposit will be disabled. You will be able to resume mobile deposit activity on our new system as of June 17th at 8:00 a.m. You will need to download the Bank’s new mobile app to be able to use this service.
A: No. All P2P information will need to be manually re-entered in the new system.
A: No. All external information will need to be manually re-entered.
For all questions before June 17th, please contact your local branch. For locations and hours, please visit https://www.ambankqc.com/locations/.
Please continue to check back for more information as it becomes available.
Thank you for allowing us to Invest In You!